Friday, April 17, 2015

What's in a brain?

Still not losing weight. Eating 900-1100 calories a day, adding in working out when possible. Still nothing. Not. One. Single. Pound. And I have a lot of whining to do.

Oh, and now my face is breaking out. Like pimples and dry patches and all kinds of weirdness. I had to steal my teenage son's Proactiv. Yeah, it's that bad.

Oh, and the headaches. OMG....the headaches! I had two migraines last month. TWO! I have only had two other migraines in my life and to suffer through two more in the same month was horrific!

So off to my primary doc I go...well, she's really a nurse practitioner, but I heart her and it's easier to say doc. Anywho....I figured if I'm going to be a migraine person now, I should have some meds on hand. She decided to order an MRI, just to get an idea if anything changed since my subdural hematoma debaucle. That's fine, just put an order for Xanax in with that as this momma has some serious claustrophobia issues and I'm not voluntarily squeezing in a 10 inch tube for close to an hour. No way!

That MRI was done on a Monday (no one was hurt in the process, though the nurse held my hand for a while calming my panic attack). Thursday, I get the phone call....there was "something" seen on my pituitary gland and we need to get another MRI stat. Tears....panic....overactive imagination is the bane of my existence. I have to see Coby graduate. I am meant to have grand babies. I could possibly get married a few more times, who knows?!? It's not my time yet!!!! Stay away from the light! I have no idea why people think I'm a drama queen....moving on.

Well after some run around and a few days of panic and asking what their definition of "stat" is, I finally get another MRI done on Wednesday. Thursday the phone call of "Libby needs to see you in her office tomorrow morning." sigh......

Here we are Friday afternoon. And we keep repeating the mantra that the word tumor simply means "a mass of cells" and does not mean cancer. Why even say tumor when we can say micradenoma? Which is smaller than a macroadenoma. So far, so good. I mean, if I'm going to have a brain tumor, THIS is the kind to have, right?!

Oh and did I mention that this type of "mass of cells" totally messes with hormones. They can cause weight gain, acne, headaches....GASP!!! You mean THIS could be why my body has been forsaking me?? Let's rip this sucker out!!

So I am being referred to neurosurgeon Dr. Angel in Beaumont to discuss surgery. Since all of this started, I've been daydreaming of experimenting with wigs since they're going to have shave my head and cut open my skull and and and....what?!?! He goes up my nose?? So much for that hot pink bob I was looking at online. Or the Kim Zolciak line of wigs I was day dreaming about (google her, she's kind of a hot amazing mess with FABULOUS wigs!).

Yeah, obviously humor and sarcasm is my choice of defense mechanisms. I have very brief moments of pure panic, then I move on. Like really....this could be soooo much worse. This is really just a nuisance that needs to be taken care of. Right now, I'm very calm. I know God has a plan, and this is just part of it. This is another story in my book of life adventures. This is just another way to meet my insurance out of pocket expenses for the year.

But really, please pray. Pray for the surgeon, that together we will come up with a plan and course of action that will nip this in the bud. Pray for my kiddos. Chaston is putting on a brave face, but I know he is nervous, texting me every afternoon checking on me, when he should be in class focusing on that Pre-cal test he should have aced. Coby is kind of oblivious, which is just fine with me. He's so my kid that he would worry way too much and immediately go to worse case scenario, but would try to turn it for good and would probably pretend that I'm going to be a zombie. Pray for my parents as they have to put up with my meltdowns and over sarcastic comments. Pray for my mom that she is able to hunt down Dr. Derrick Shepard like she promised, and not Amelia because we all know she kind of has a drug problem following her and was so mean to Dr. Hunt last night.

And yeah, pray for me and my head. We could use it. xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment